oolaboola -- an opensource cyber-shamanic noise-maker
Version 0.3.1 fixes a few bugs, mostly build and linkage problems
many people were having.
oolaboola Screen Shot
What is it?
oolaboola is an opensource system for mixing sound files in real-time,
while varying their rate of play, amplitude level, etc. In other words,
it's a digital DJ tool.
Version 0.3.0 Now Released!
You can retrieve the latest versions of oolaboola at
- Binary package available (a RedHat 6.0-friendly RPM)
- Much easier to use MIDI binding architecture (works nicely with my PhatBoy)
- Command line options complement rc file and environment variables
- A man page!
- Pretty level/hold lights
- Optional quadratic interpolation
- Much greater efficiency and robustness
- Bug fixes
- Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License
- The cross-fader never wears out! :)
- Plays .wav files of various formats.
- Can use MIDI input
- Digital file output.
- Set and goto marks.
- Create loops
- Can record your actions for later playback
- Efficient (mixing two files takes about a Pentium 50 :)
- Low latency (time between your action and the change in output)..down
to 1/100th second depending on the limits of your OS/hardware.
- Separate output to `cue' channel
- Control rate-of-play..from 0 to 2 X in increments of .001
- Modify it's behavior with a python rc file
Tiedemann..and maybe you.
Other Great Opensource Music Pages