The Spirit of Raving
- Ultimately, any attempt to describe
the rave spirit must come from what people actually experience at
remind us that raving
can only be truly understood through
stands for Peace, Love, Unity and Respect. These
four ideals are often touted as the elements that make raves more
positive and life affirming than other kinds of parties or club scenes.
- At the heart of a true rave there's the pulse of something intangible;
a positive unifying groove, a extraordinary feeling, a
that transcends description.
- Anyone who has ever been involved with the rave community knows
how easy it is to become philisophical and idealistic about what it all means.
For some, raving points towards a
for the future of humankind.
- DJs are like shamans forging musical paths
to other realms. Science and technology give us the tools.
explores the synergy between the mystical and the physical.
- Whether you believe that raving is a spiritual revolution that is going
to change the world or just a chance to dance to some great music,
the one thing we can all agree on is that raving is
- Though raving is a spontaneous of the moment activity,
the ability to completely let go of our mental and emotional constraints
often depends on an underlying sense of security and safety. Everything is
interconnected; love and respect involves being aware,
and taking care
of ourselves and each other.
- Raving is now a part of our
culture and history.
The things we do at raves
are not new or totally unique.
Nor do raves happen in complete
isolation from other existing cultural forces.
- Raves are like Temporary Autonomous Zones (TAZs) - separate,
selfgoverning events that take place between the cracks of society's fabric.
But sometimes the rave community is forced to deal with the
of a world in turmoil.
- Online connections;
information is exchanged, a loose community evolves.
Technology fosters communication: Interacting on the
internet helps bring us together.
- As we open our minds and transcend our limits,
we can explore links to things
beyond the rave
where new ideas and information
await our discovery.
Karina - firstname.lastname@example.org - Spirit
of Raving Archives Maintainer -